2 1/4 cups of hot water (from the tap)
¼ cup of liquid dish detergent
1 mixing container
1 large mixing spoon or hand mixer
2 cleaning cloths (old clean wash cloths are fine)
1 towel (Designate an old clean towel as your "furniture cleaning towel". Wash and reuse it for next time.)
1 soft bristled brush
1 medium sized bucket/container filled with warm water (keep this water separate from the mixture)
1. Mix the 2 1/4 cups of hot tap water and ¼ cup of dish detergent in a mixing container. Using a large spoon or hand mixer, whip the mixture. You will know it is ready when you see a few dry suds.
2. Apply the mixture to the upholstery/upholstered furniture by dipping a cloth into the sudsy mixture and rubbing it onto the furniture.
3. Lightly scrub problem areas with a soft bristled brush after the mixture has been applied.
4. Wipe away any dirty suds with a clean damp cloth. Ring out the cloth and dip it into the bowl of clean water and continue cleaning the furniture.
5. Repeat if need be and make sure that you continue to rinse and ring out the soiled cloth before continuing the process.
6. Give the entire area one last wipe down with a clean wet cloth.
7. Using a dry clean towel, blot and wipe upholstery/upholstered furniture dry.
8. Open a window and/or turn on a fan to speed up the drying process.