Feb 5, 2009
The Honest Scrap Award
Angel Vinez from 5 Vinez Monkeys is a true inspiration and a I'm honored and blessed to have had the opportunity to become an online friend & acquaintance with her. She is a wonderful mom, wife and woman. She has experienced many of life's trials, tribulations and tests that many of have and works daily to be the caring & giving person she is.
Today, I read her blog and found that she had been given The Honest Scrap Award, shared some honest things about herself and in return gave the award to others she deemed fit, I was one of those people.
So, without further ado, here are the details and me giving The Honest Scrap Award to other great women, moms and wives.
The rules are as follows:
a) List 10 honest things about yourself.
b) Pass the award on to seven bloggers whom you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
1. I am often demanding and might even have a bit of OCD!
2. I'm a caffeine junkie, truly an addiction and have ended up in the ER many times with a severe caffeine withdrawl migraine when I've attempted to stop cold turkey or even cut back on my caffeine intake. I start every morning with coffee, typically 6-12 cups and then move on to Pepsi or Pepsi Max.
3. Like my friend Angela Vinez, I too bit my fingernails and have done so since I can remember. My mom tried hot sauce, nail polish, & other yucky stuff when I was younger, nothing worked. Although, when I used to pay to have those beautiful acrylic nails, I didn't bite them, but they did go to my mouth. Disgusting habit I know.
4. I cannot stand nor tolerate liars especially those that lie to make themselves appear to be someone they aren't or to have more materialistically than they do just to feel that they "fit in."
5. I never look into the mirror and see the beauty within or on the outside that others like my hubby tell me they see, I'm my worst critic and very hard on myself.
6. I love a challenge with life, work, volunteering... doesn't matter, I love to take things that need work and turn them around for something positive, even if it means hours and hours of time, yep there's that OCD.
7. I like to help others and will give the shirt off my back or the last $1 I have if I believe the person can benefit from it more than I can.
8. I push myself very hard in all I do and all I put my name on, sometimes to the point of causing myself extreme or added stress, I can't say no, always volunteer and want to help.
9. I love being a mom, my daughters are growing up to be beautiful and smart young women, looking back, I did a good job while raising them 8 years alone as a single mother.
10. I am becoming addicting to blogging and networking and meeting other moms online.
My 7 Honest Scrappers that I'm passing The Honest Scrap Award to are:
Suzzette Drake, author of Free Ad Wahm
Robin Brostovski, author of: Pleasant Groves Solutions
Olivia Vidal, author of: Life of a Work at Home Mother
Carole Harris, author of Bizzy World
Cherl Johns, author of Naturally Beautiful
Crista, author of The Domestic Goddess
Dawn Lidell, author of Dawn's Learning Toys Blog
And finally, I think Angel Vinez deserves a 2nd "The Honest Scrap Award" for being who she is; the woman behind 5 Vinez Monkeys