Jul 20, 2009

Update on me

Been awhile since I posted anything here so I figured I would give an update and let everyone know I'm still around.

As many you know I've battled heath issues severely since May when I had my Hysterectomy. Then I ended up w/a post op infection that put me back into the hospital. A few weeks after discharge I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis.

The Diverticulitis flare up would never fully go down and once again after being admitted to the hospital every 2-3 weeks, I was referred to a GI doc and then a surgeon.

In November 2009, I had my colon removed, all but 1" which was left to reconnect to avoid me having an ostomy bag the rest of the life. I almost did not survive this surgery as I had internal bleeding and lost ALOT of blood. I lost so much blood I required a transfusion of 8 pints. Mind you now, the body only holds 8 -9 .

The Diverticulitis was the worse pain I've had, even next to child birth. After the Colectomy I was discharged home after 6 days, by 2 weeks I was back in the hopsital being admitted for an abcess found in my abdomen. This too required a hospital stay with a tube insertion for draining the abscess.

In between all I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, still playing with a med blend on that.

Last month (June 2009) I was brought into the ER with abdominal pain. An X-Ray and Cat Scan showed inflammation on my small intestine and a scope showed polyps adn blisters like ulcers. All had biopsies but I haven't haeard yet on them. June 30th I was discharged.

Now here I am again, in patient 3 days so far, they have put me back on isolation and I have to have my stools and body tested for C-DIFF, some other things and the doc's are leaning towards the diagnose of Crohn's Disease.

Please keep myself and family in your prayers, thoughts and whe sending healing energies.

1 comment:

Mama Kelly said...

White light and healing blessings heading your way.

Mama Kelly
2witches.com